I ballroom dance.
Not what you see on Dancing With The Stars. That isn’t social ballroom dancing.
The “stars” spend hours learning a specific routine. They dance the exact same series of steps until it’s a rut in their mind. That’s not fun. It’s work.
When you ballroom dance socially, the man must decide at that moment the next step, and communicate to the lady with his body. He must be a strong lead and create a space for the lady to dance into.
His most important responsibility – make her look good.
It’s taken years to hone this skill and I do it well.
When I dance with someone new I often sense her trying to do my part – lead.
Why would she do this?
Because most guys don’t know how to lead or they’re a weak lead. She’s learned to back-lead . . . drive from the backseat.
There are similarities between ballroom dancing and romancing your sweetheart.
– You must know where you’re going romantically, know how to romance your sweetheart.
– You must create a space where you sweetheart wants to go to be romanced in the manner in which they want to be romanced.
– You must make your sweetheart feel special.
But there one huge difference between ballroom dancing and romancing your sweetheart.
Either partner can lead.
Ladies, don’t make the man always lead. And guys, it’s OK if the woman leads sometimes.
Both should learn to lead.
– Learn how your sweetheart likes to dance – to be romanced.
– Know to dance the dances your sweetheart enjoys, romancing your sweetheart as he/she wants to be romanced.
And careful of the toes.
Sweetie, shall we dance?
I invite you to share romantic memories you might have from the dance floor. You can also contact me directly, Robert@RomanceALIVE.com.