If the car behind me had started braking one second sooner, I’d still drive a Dodge.
If I had pushed just a bit harder when I had a big lead, I would have easily won the race.
If Apollo 11 had missed the translunar injection by just 1 degree, they would have missed the moon by tens of thousands of miles.
We’ve all thought about things like this: what opportunities did I miss because of one little thing? How would life have changed if . . . ?
You can also ask, who did I almost miss meeting?
Did you almost miss meeting your sweetheart? Would one minute or one question not asked made a difference in meeting him/her?
Harry Turtledove’s alternative history books have exploited this phenomena. For example, what if Chamberlain had said no to Hitler or Japan had flown the third raid against Hawaii?
Little changes yielding big consequences in life.
You can use this to your advantage. Small changes you deliberately make can have big, positive consequences in your romantic life.
- Every month you bought your sweetheart just one card or flower?
- Every fortnight you sent your sweetheart a text message letting him/her know how much they mean to you?
- Every other day you gave your sweetheart an extra hug?
- Every week you set aside 30 minutes to talk about something romantic you’ve both enjoyed?
- You bought one book filled with romantic ideas?
This small change could transform the trajectory of your relationship and your romance, and take it from good to great. Robert