Have you spent time trying to figure out how your sweetheart prefers to be romanced?
As you read these blogs, you’ve probably tried to figure out how you prefer to be romanced. You’ve also spent time thinking about, postulating and theorizing which is your sweetheart’s romantic preference:
- Written and/or spoken words;
- Focused time together;
- Little gifts;
- Personal touching.
By now you probably have a good idea which is your sweetheart’s preference.
Congratulations for making time to determine your sweetheart’s preference. Now you can plan what I call Romantic Interludes™ with your sweetheart.
Have you ever thought, “Which of the various romantic ideas I’ve heard or generated would be the very best for romancing my sweetheart?”
Then you spend lots of time and energy considering, examining and evaluating the various possibilities for romance.
- Which would be better?
- Which would be ideal?
- Which would my sweetheart prefer?
You’ll analyze and analyze and analyze, and never take action. Romance doesn’t happen.
If you find yourself in this dilemma, break the endless feedback loop:
- On a device or notepad, capture every idea for romancing your sweetheart you come across.
- Give each idea an instant rating of 2, 1 or 0:
- 2 = Sweetheart’s preference, we’d enjoy it;
- 1 = Maybe sweetheart’s preference, maybe we’d enjoy it;
- 0 = Not sweetheart’s preference.
- Once a week, choose a “2” or “1” idea.
- Make and carry out plans without considering the potential outcome.
Maybe your sweetheart will be thrilled. Maybe not. It really doesn’t matter.
What’s important is you’re taking action. You’ve moved from the immobilized position of over-analysis to the proactive place of romancing your sweetheart.
After all, isn’t that your goal? Hope so. Robert
BTW, if you’re looking for a gift for yourself or someone else, check out my CD entitled “Discover Your Romantic Preference” at http://www.shop.RomanceALIVE.com.