Today my kids will be here for a visit. It’s not very often my daughter, son and daughter-in-law come stay with me. One lives in Tennessee, the other in Minnesota.
This past weekend I ran myself ragged:
- Straightening up the basement so I could move stuff out of my spare bedrooms,
- Moving a shelf so I could tidy up the front room,
- Blowing the leaves and needles off the roof so it looked respectful.
Two minutes ago I went into the laundry room and discovered I hadn’t moved a box out of there and down into the basement.
Then it hit me. My kids won’t care if my house isn’t perfectly clean.
They’re not going to reject spending time with Dad because there are a few things out of place. They’re coming to visit me. They’re coming so we can spend time together.
Do you ever find yourself trying to set up the perfect Romantic Interlude with your sweetheart? You work hard arranging that flawless moment of romance. And just as the moment arrives, you realize you forgot something or there might have been a better place to go.
- Your sweetheart isn’t expecting a perfect romantic moment with you.
- Your sweetheart isn’t grading you on how well you plan.
Your sweetheart wants to create a romantic memory you’ll share together.
So take the pressure off yourself. You don’t have to be the perfect romantic. Your sweetheart will appreciate your taking time to enjoy a special moment together, creating a memory only the two of you can share.
Give it a try. Don’t worry about the imperfections. Enjoy the moment together. Robert