Lorraine Kelly disclosed to the interviewer how she and Stevie keep their Romance Alive.
- Lorraine and Stevie live in Broughty Ferry, Scotland.
- He works locally as a cameraman.
- As a TV host, Lorraine works all week in London, about 480 miles away.
Their separation is a one hour 20-minute flight plus an hour drive from Glasgow.
She admitted the miles apart helps keep Romance Alive in their 24-year marriage. I sanctimoniously snickered “Yea, right. How can it work? They’re apart more than together.”
Lorraine acknowledges, “It wouldn’t work for everyone but it certainly works for us. It definitely keeps the romance alive, for sure. It stops you taking each other for granted.”
Before I could continue the mental dialog and “straighten her out”, I was self-reminded of one of my deeply held beliefs.
- Each relationship is unique.
- What works in your relationship may not work for me and what works for me may not work for you.
- It doesn’t make one right and the other wrong. It just makes the relationships different.
This is true for you and your relationship too.
Your relationship with your sweetheart is unique from mine. What keeps Romance Alive for you is not right or wrong. It’s just different.
Here’s the key.
- Discover how your sweetheart prefers to be romanced.
- Determine how you can best use that preference to keep Romance Alive in your relationship.
- Don’t let anyone tell you the way you keep your Romance Alive in your relationship is wrong.
It’s your way, unique to you.
What’s one of the secrets that helps you keep your romance alive? Would love to hear about it. Robert