Is it difficult getting away for an evening of romance with your sweetheart?
Let’s say it’s Friday night. You’d love to go out for a romantic evening with your sweetheart but:
- The budget’s tight and there’s no room for a restaurant.
- Your kids are young and you’re (understandably) uneasy leaving them with a sitter.
- The thought of getting dressed up after a long work week is just too much.
Here are four ideas to the romantic rescue.
- An evening picnic.
Picnics aren’t just for afternoons in the park. How about a picnic under the stars? Make a couple sandwiches, cut up some fruit or veggies, chill a bottle of your favorite beverage and add some soft music. Set the mood with candles and your backyard becomes a romantic picnic under the stars.
- TV Night.
Find a movie you’ll both enjoy. Add some food and drink appropriate for the movie: French cuisine for a romance, Italian for a drama, Chinese takeout for martial arts, American fare for a car movie. You get the idea.
- Dinner table and candlelight.
Cover the dining room table with a tablecloth. Make place settings for two, including napkins and more than one fork. Pull out the nice dishes and glasses. Add the food and beverage you’ve brought home. Light up the candles and turn down the light.
- Two in the kitchen.
Make a meal together. Instead of preparing the standard gastronomical fare, create something fun:
- Popcorn balls with cut up apples.
- Freshly baked cookies, the foundation of a sundae.
- Fruit salad and whipped cream.
The idea is being creative, do something a little different, make it simple and fun. And above all, spend time together, just the two of you.
Adapt one of these simple ideas to your relationship. It can start a great evening of romance. Enjoy – Robert