What does a romantic look like?
On my desk stands “Mr. Romance”, a gift from my sweetheart.
- He’s got a full head of light brown hair, combed pompadour style;
- His blue eyes, prominent cheekbones and square jaw are strong;
- He’s dressed in red silk pajamas under a red smoking robe tied with a red belt; and
- He says what you want to hear.
- “If you were words on a page, you’d be fine print!”
I don’t think he looks like me.
Search for an image of a romantic. You’ll see people under 40: men with great physiques holding roses and candy, and women with long hair, sculptured figures and pouty lips.
If that’s what a romantic looks like, I’m in deep Kimchee:
- I’m over 50;
- My head is shaven; and
- My pecs have no definition.
Fortunately, being romantic has nothing to do with your looks.
A romantic is an action figure:
- Doing something to express affection to his/her sweetheart in a meaningful yet unexpected way;
- Creating special moments that enhance the relationship in a way that is unique between the couple; and
- Generating special, shared memories.
A romantic can be large or lithe, over 6’6” or under 4’11”, wear a size 3 or 32, dress up or dress down. It’s not what you look like. It’s what you do for and with your sweetheart. It’s taking action to create special moments that generate those special memories, unique between the two of you.
What you do makes you look like a romantic to your sweetheart. That’s what counts!
By the way, if my sweetheart’s vision of a romantic is Mr. Romance, I’m in trouble. “If you were a laser, you’d be set on stunning!” LOL
What does a romantic look like to you?