What’s the latest fad?
It varies with the march of time.
- Hem lines travel up and down ladies’ legs.
- Hair sprouts, withers and re-sprouts on men’s faces.
- Pants, shirts, shoes and blouses mutate into varying lengths, tightness, heights and color-palates.
Some approach romance like a fad.
For a few months, they’re all about romancing their sweetheart. They watch Entertainment Tonight to see the latest trends in romance. They join classes, voraciously read articles by the hottest experts and spend hundreds of dollars on classes to keep up with the current ideas on romance.
While these could help keep their Romance Alive, for them romance is something for which there is an intense enthusiasm that is short-lived and without basis in the object’s actual qualities. And while their energy is directed to being the “with-it” romantic in town, they’re also watching for the next trend to follow.
They’re not looking at romance as part of a long-term strategy to grow their relationship. Romance is just the latest fad to follow.
Juxtaposed to a fad, a passion is the reason you wake up in the morning and just the thought of it can keep you up late with excitement. It can also be a quiet feeling of satisfaction, knowing you’re living life on your terms.
If you have passion for making your relationship great, romance will be an integral part of your passion.
Like a long-term strategy for building wealth, approaching romance like a passion means you:
- Focus on keeping Romance Alive for decades;
- Take time to learn how your sweetheart prefers to be romanced;
- Are motivated from inside to keep Romance Alive.
Keep romance a component of making your relationship great. Let romance be your passion, not a momentary fad. Robert, a hopeless romantic.