How romantic: roses, candlelight, soft music from Yanni, staring into each other’s eyes while the realities of life sail over the horizon.
A “manly man’s” approach to romance might be laced with bold confidence edging on arrogance. A manly-man:
- Transports his sweetheart in a vintage sportscar;
- Offers his muscled-arm to escort his sweetheart into the best restaurant in town;
- Carries his sweetheart up the steps and gently deposits her on the front door of her castle.
Morgana’s sweetheart is a manly-man. He’s an actor who plays an outlaw motorcyclist and a knight. He’s also a romantic.
So what does Morgana’s sweetheart, Charlie, do that’s so romantic?
- Before leaving for the Toronto International Film Festival, he stayed up all night cleaning the entire house. Then he topped it off with flowers in the kitchen and bedroom – just so she’d come home to an immaculate house.
- He shares in grocery shopping and doing the laundry.
- He publicly admits he enjoys cooking for her.
And Morgana finds all of this very Romantic.
Tough-guy actor Charlie Hunnam romances his sweetheart with the gift of his time. He spends time doing things for her. He spends time doing things with her. In other words, he spends time romancing Morgana in ways she prefers to be romanced.
What is your sweetheart’s romantic preference?
If your sweetheart prefers to be romanced with the gift of your time, take time, make time, to do something unexpected for him/her.
- Clean the bedroom and bathroom, then add flowers or scented candles;
- Take your sweetheart’s car for an oil change and a carwash;
- Work together washing the dishes or picking up tools.
These little surprise gifts of time help keep Romance Alive with your sweetheart.
Charlie Hunnam summarizes romance as follows: it’s all about continuing to surprise your sweetheart, even after more than a decade together.
So, what do you consider a manly-man’s romance? Robert