How would I romance thee? Let me count the ways.
Today, we may face too many options. We can listen to 67 types of music . . . watch hundreds of programs or movies . . . on 270 HD channels . . . on an assortment of devices.
- Try to rummage through the channels and devices and your eyes go round in circles – in opposite directions.
- Try to watch or listen to them all at once and it’s like being served a plate filled with 27 different pastries.
Most of us spend enough time to select our top 20, and the rest seem to disappear from our mind.
When it comes to romancing your sweetheart, there are more possibilities:
Would I romance you with a gift?
Would I romance you with a kiss?
Would I romance you with a rhyme?
Or, would I romance you with my time?
So many choices. So many options. So many ways to romance your sweetheart.
Maybe it’s nice to have many ways to romance, but trying to romance 25 different ways will result in frustration for both you and your sweetheart.
Like you, your sweetheart probably most prefers to be romanced in one of the following ways:
- GIFTS, size is not that importance;
- TOUCH, like hugs and kisses, caresses or holding hands;
- WORDS, (written, spoken or sung) expressing the connection you feel;
- TIME spent together, focused on each other – without distractions.
Which of the above 4 options for romancing your sweetheart do you think would be your sweetheart’s preference? Which one seems to call his/her name? You probably have a good idea. Just make sure your focused on your sweetheart’s preference, not yours.
How do you romance your sweetheart? You focus on romancing your sweetheart the way your sweetheart wants to be romanced.
Robert, a hopeless romantic
(My apologies to Ms. Elizabeth Barrett Browning and Theodor Seuss Geisel for misusing their works.)
You’re welcome to quote from or share the contents provided you credit the source.